Find Me on Facebook!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tried Something New


I went out of my baking comfort zone with my last experiment.  I made cinnamon rolls completely from scratch.  It was actually a two process.  I had to make the dough and let it rise until it was double in size.  After that I formed the rolls themselves.  They were then set in the refrigerator overnight to rise again.  I made the rolls Sunday afternoon and actually baked them Monday morning for breakfast.  I will be honest they were pretty decent for doing it for the first time.  They were a little chewy and not very soft.  I would give them a 7 out of 10.  I know I am probably being hard on myself, but aren't we all our own worse critic.  Here is a picture of the end result:

YUMMY!

I tired to come up with a cool flier to advertise, but didn't have much success.  I want to have people think of the holidays and all of those home baked things.  I know I will think of something, some how I always do.  

I have plans a trying something really new this weekend.  I having a fun girls weekend and I was thinking of making Angel Food Cupcakes with White Chocolate Mousse Filling.  I know it will drive my girlfriends crazy.  I'll let you know the outcome.

Until next time.....Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment