Find Me on Facebook!

Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Update

Sorry everyone for not posting anything the last two days, but you all know how life can be.  But, I had few things go through my head this weekend.

First things first, I must say, "YAY"....... I got paid for my first cake.  Ok ok, I know it isn't a lot, but I am looking forward to many more.  I think there are some opportunities on the very near horizon.  I promise I will keep you all informed, if anything happens.

Secondly, I want to share that two of the people I sent all those cookies too last week got them and gave me some honest feedback.  I can't share the exact word he used because I think it would make a few of you blush because I did a little when he said it.  But, needless to say, I was told by him that they were the best cookies he had honestly.  The other person loved also them so much, she actually needed to hide what she had left so he would steal any from her.  Once I find out from the last person, I'll let you all know.

And lastly, I did try my hand at something a little new for me.  I made Chocolate Chex Caramel Snack Bar for a daughter's class.  She needs to provide snack for the class once a month and made the decision to try and make the snack instead of buying it.  There are a few reasons for this.  One of course is obvious...I just want to do it.  Second, I am hoping to give the kids something different then what they are use to and lastly I hoping it is a way to get more exposure to outside people.


Here is the final product.

It was a huge hit with the kids and teachers.  In about 3 weeks I will have an opportunity to bake for a teacher luncheon.  I can't wait to think of something to make for it.

Well, that is all for now, I'll let you know what else happens.  Today I plan on coming up with some sort of flier to get around my neighborhood.

Until next time.....Happy Baking!

2 comments: