Find Me on Facebook!

Monday, September 13, 2010

First Day of a New Adventure

Today I decided to embark on a new adventure.  The idea came to me while I was outside early this morning mowing the lawn.  The only things out there was me and a few animals.  The neighbors who work were gone and the school bus had already been around to pick up the kids.  With "It's Raining Men" by the Weather Girls (I know, I know....I am dating myself) playing on iPod, I started thinking to myself how can I let people know about the baked good service I want to start.

You see I just moved to the suburbs of Houston, TX about 4 years ago after living in the San Francisco Bay Area for 5 years and before that growing up in Southern New Jersey.  Then to top it all off, I had the best thing happen to me.......I had my wonderful little baby girl.  So, I didn't make too many friends at first because my life was consumed with taking care of a baby.  But, as the little one got older and was able to do more, I rediscovered my love for baking.  I would make up any excuse to bake.  I would make and try anything.  Most of the time I would just bake and make my husband take them to work.  Many of his co-workers just loved everything and would ask him when he was bringing something else in.  When he would tell me that I would think to myself..."What if I did this as way to make money?"  People always said you should do what you love and I LOVE baking.

So, I would throw around the idea a few times, but never did anything about it until recently.  I had some things happen in my life and made me think I should start doing things I really want.  Now, here I am a new blogger and hopefully a new business woman.

I want to use this blog as way to let people know about how things going on with my new adventures and maybe just maybe get a few clients too.  ( What can I say, I am trying to be optimistic)

My plans are to post pictures of anything I bake and will be more then happy to have everyones input on what they think.  I want any and all types of suggestions.  I will not be able to do this with you.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. You are very talented- best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you for doing this. Oh and I will be more then happy to be a taste tester lol. Love ya girl and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luch with it. While I have never tasted your baking, I am confident you will be successful in anything you put your mind to. Let me know if I can help in anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck! Will you be posting pictures or current or past jobs?

    ReplyDelete