Find Me on Facebook!

Friday, October 29, 2010

New Idea

With not having any baking projects to do this week, I have had a lot of time to brainstorm. I had gotten this idea a little while ago when I was thinking of a way to send a friend his favorite dessert, a red velvet cake. Of course, the easiest would be to go there and just make it, but doubt people would want to pay the price to fly me there just to bake a cake. So, thr first thing I thought was it would be easier to sent cupcakes instead of a whole cake. My next problem was the frosting. To me the frosting is just as important as the cake. I would like it to be just as pretty when they get as it was sitting in my kitchen. But, anyone who has shipped anything, there are no guarantees. My initial solution was to use a stiffer frosting, one the would get hard but still be ok to eat. I still didn't like that idea. I have received too many complements on my frosting to change it. I didn't actively think about it for a few weeks, but it was always in the back of my mind. Then just the other night, I was talking with my husband about what I needed to do this weekend and he mentioned cupcakes. He then asked if I had thought of shipping them. I told him I had, but had my concerns. Then we both almost came up with the same idea of Create Your Own Cupcakes.

The idea is simple. You choose everything that you want from the kind of cake to the toppings. You would have the same variety in the cakes and frosting as you would if you were a local order. The topping could be seasonal or just everyday things. I would bake the cupcakes and make the frosting. All the items would be shipped together, but separate. After you received the package all you would need to do it decorate how you want. I know you mightbe thinking, "What is the point?". The point would be several things. You may not have the time to do everything, but the the time to decorate. Or it could be a family fun thing. Or it could event be a thing to do with a group if kids as a fun art project. I think the list could go on. Please tell me I am not crazy.

Until next time....... Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment