Find Me on Facebook!

Friday, October 22, 2010

A little bit of a slow time

Not much has happened for me since my last posting.  I have been spending most of my time surfing the internet looking for the right Red Velvet Cake recipe for the cakewalk next weekend.  I finally found one with a cream cheese frosting.  I was actually surprised most of the recipes called for a cooked frosting similar to butter cream.  But, I have been told by many the a red velvet should have a cream cheese so that is what I went with.  I can't wait to make a whole cake this time.  Up until now I have only made cupcakes.

Yesterday, I did make another carmel apple trifle, but this time I made a few adjustments to fit my family's personal taste.  I used a smaller box of vanilla pudding, used 2 cans of apples instead one, and used a homemade angel food cake instead of ladyfingers.  It was a bigger hit than the last one.  But, the one thing it did do was leave me with a bunch of egg yolks.  I had no idea what to do with them.  I know it isn't that big of a deal to throw them away, but since I know I will be making another angel food for next weekend, I figured I need to find something to with at least some of those egg yolks.  The only thing I came up with so far was Creme Brulee.  If any of you have any suggestions and it doesn't have to be a baked good either, please let me know.  I am willing to try anything.  I am almost positive that I will try my hand at the creme brulee.  That should be fun.

Lastly, I would like to thank a very dear dear friend of mine, S.  She designed two business cards for me and I think they look absolutely fabulous.  I am hoping this weekend to get to a office supply store and get some business card paper and get some printed up.  Once I get them printed up I will show all of you.  Again S, thank you so much.  I think you deserve some chocolate meringue cookies as payment.

Until next time..... Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment