Find Me on Facebook!

Monday, October 18, 2010

A few good things happened

I had few things happen today that I think could lead to some things.

First, I stopped by my HOA office to find out about the cakewalk they were having at our Halloween festival in two weeks.  I will be truthful I had never heard one before today.  After I heard what it was and someone would be getting one of my cakes, I said, "Sign me up."  I have already decided what I am making.  I will be making two cakes.  Right away I knew I should make my Cinnamon Apple Angel Food Cake and it didn't take me that long to decided on the second one.  I was thinking to go a little Halloweenish (if that is a word), so  I decided on a Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting.  I know this will drive a good friend on mine crazy knowing that he can't have any, but oh well he will just have to deal it.

Second, while I was talking with the woman at the HOA about the cakewalk, I mentioned how I was trying to start my own business.  She said that was great and asked if knew about the craft type show they were having in December.  I didn't.  She then told me about it.  I could have a booth for $15 or $20 depending on the size I wanted and I could sell anything I wanted.  I thought to my OMG, I could sell so many things.  So, this is something I will need to keep in mind.  And who knows, I could end up with many on the spot returning customers with Christmas only being 3 weeks later.

Lastly, I will have my ad run in my HOA monthly newsletter next month.  This I am hoping will generate some business very soon, since it will come out in time for Thanksgiving.

Please keep your fingers crossed!

Until next time...... Happy Baking!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Only thing to keep in mind is that it is actually illegal in TX to sell cakes and baked goods out of a home kitchen, so be careful about what you say in advertising. Let us know when the craft show is!

    ReplyDelete