Find Me on Facebook!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Carmel Apple Trifle

Today I was suppose to go to a pumpkin patch with my family, but unfortunately my little one got sick.  So, instead of spending the day outside among the pumpkins, we are stayed home and will carve and paint pumpkins later.  Of course one of the things I was looking forward to was the farm we go to has a little bakery with homemade goods.  Well, since I couldn't see and smell all of their baked goods I decided to do something myself.  I know I know, how predictable of me, but I am doing something I have never done before....... a trifle.

I hope some of you are asking yourself..."What is a trifle?"  It is ok if you are because for the longest time I had no idea what one was myself.  The best way to describe what it is, is this..... it some cake (I have seen angel food, yellow, pound, and ladyfingers) usually mixed with a pudding, fruit and whipped cream.  I also have seen ones that call for chocolate, coffee, and nuts.  It works out to look much like a parfait with all the layers.

I came up with the idea when I had leftover ladyfingers from the tiramisu and wasn't sure what to with them.  Also, I was thinking what baked good ingredients come to mind when a person thinks of fall.  The things that popped into mind right away was pumpkin and apples.  I am not a big fan of pumpkin so I went with apples.  So, after looking through some of my favorite websites, I found a recipe for a Carmel Apple Trifle.  I needed to make a few adjustments because number one I was not about to make as much as the recipe called for (we would have been eating trifle until Halloween) and it called for yellow cake and I used ladyfingers.  Here is the final result:

(YUMMY! GOOEY!) 

Well that is all for now.

Until next time...... Happy Baking!

1 comment: