Find Me on Facebook!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

No One is Perfect

A few things have happened over the last few days.

First thing was I did put up fliers around my neighborhood and within 2 days they were all gone.  I know that our HOA doesn't allow solicitation, but sometimes they are SO inconsistent with their rules.  But, I am not going to on about that.  I just need to find a new outlet for my advertising.

The PB and Jelly snack bars were a big hit with the kids.  I was told they loved them.  Some of the adults in school also told me they were good.  I was also thinking it might a good a product that I can ship without too much problem.  So, that will be a good thing.

Today I started making the Italian Rum Cake.  I was reminded that not everything comes out perfect the first time.  I made the sponge cake and ummmm..... let's just say it wasn't good.  Even my daughter didn't really care for it.


So, I made a few adjustments in temperature and the shape of the pan.  The second time was much better.  Well, with that said let get to make the filling for the cake.  I will post pictures of the final product tomorrow.  And also tomorrow is the tiramisu.  Hopefully that will go better since I am using pre-made ladyfingers instead of baking my on.  Of course I say that, but I almost had to make them myself since it took me forever to find them.

Until next time...... Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment