Find Me on Facebook!

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Homemade Gift Baskets

I was reminded by my daughter's iTouch just the other day that it was only 95 days until Christmas.  (Still not sure if getting that Countdown to Christmas app was a good idea or not)  But that aside it did get me thinking about a few things.  I know trying to start my own home business is a relatively new adventure for me, but I have been baking for several years.  Many of friends, family and co-workers have had the misfortune pleasure of trying out many different baked goods over the years.  A few years ago I did make up a few gift baskets for my husband's co-workers and office staff.  I wanted to do it again this years, but I am actually at a lost at what to make.  I know I know, that must sound strange, but it is true.  I know I could always make old standbys like chocolate chip cookies, brownies, gingerbread and other typical holiday things.  But there is nothing typical about me.  Is that good or bad?  Anyway.....  what to bake, what to bake?

I now know I will be scanning the websites looking for different things, hoping to find a few things new to try.  Of course I need to narrow my search.  I need to look for things that are individual, like cookies. or things that can be easily divided like loaves of bread.  I also really don't want to to make things I made before.  Before I made Rocky Road Brownies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Individual Pineapple Upside Down Cake, Peanut Butter Blossoms and Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies.

I did make a post on Facebook asking for some suggestions.  I know not everyone reads that, so that is why I am writing this post.  I hoping to may be reach a few more people that might be willing to help with my dilemma.  I am open to any ideas you may have.

Until next time...... Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment