Find Me on Facebook!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Sugar Cookie Cutouts

Today I finished baking 4 dozen sugar cookies.  I know you are thinking that isn't  a whole lot of cookies.  Normally I would agree with you since when I just bake for fun that is what do on average but, not this time.  This time they were cut-out sugar cookies.  Still not usually a big deal with all the types of cookie cutters out there.  And again I would usually agree, but I was not able to get a cutter in time for what I needed.  But, thanks to a fellow baker and friend, I was told what I could do.  She suggested just making a plastic template and then using a knife to cut them out.  The process took some time, but I like to think the results turned out rather well.  You tell me.....

Sugar Cookie cut into the shape of a Fleur de Lis.  Sprinkled with yellow and blue sugar crystals.

These were made for a beginning of the year Boy Scout meeting that takes place tomorrow.  I will let you know what everyone thought.

Thanks again, I Heart Sprinkles, for helping me with my cookies cutter dilemma.

I have more cookies and cupcakes to make for this upcoming weekend.  But, I will tell you about them later.

Until next time....... Happy Baking!



1 comment:

  1. They were fantastic - not even a crumb left! The boys - and their parents loved them. thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete