Find Me on Facebook!

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cake Pops? Is this a possible avenue?

This is a book I have seen at several times over the last few weeks.  It is titled "Cake Pops: Tips,Tricks, and Recipes for More Than 40 Different Mini Treats", by Bakerella also known as Angie Dudley.  

I walked by it many times a night.  It would call to me... "Come look at me.  You know want to".  I resisted for many many days before I even picked up the book.  Well, I finally did look at it.  All I have to say is..... OMG!

The pictures on the cover hardly scratch the surface.  They had general ideas and also holiday specific ones.  There may only be 40 ideas in the book, but I already had many others going through my head.  I never thought that cake pops like this was even possible.  I had always thought the best I could do was dipped the cake into chocolate or candy coating and then sprinkles with nuts/ sugar candies...etc.

Now, I can't help but think is this something I can do?  Is is as labor intensive as it looks?  Is there an untapped market for these things?  If I am capable of this could I make money doing this?  Of course there are many more questions running through my head.

I am crazy, right?  Please tell me I am crazy.  I know I must be crazy.  I must be to be writing a blog about cake pops.  Then again.....

Until next time..... Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment