Find Me on Facebook!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentine's Day Treats

With Valentine's Day fast approaching, I needed to make some sort of treat for my daughter's class.  The party itself was today.  So, for the longest time I couldn't decided what I want to make.  It didn't help that she was also snack girl for another day this week.  But, finally I decided to make brownie pops.  I did make them different then what most of the websites called for.  Instead of making the brownie balls and putting them on a stick, I cut out heart shapes with a cookie cutter.  Alton Brown would be proud of me for not letting something in my kitchen be an uni-tasker.  (Sorry for the reference to those of you who don't watch Food Network)  Any way here was the final result......


As you can see, I cut them in heart shapes and put them on a popsicle stick.  I then drizzled melted milk chocolate over the top and sprinkled them with candy hearts. 

I did have left over brownies which I did do the more traditional "pop".  I just made little balls with the leftover and put them in lollipop sticks.  I did dip some in chocolate while left others plain.  My daughter went after these right away.  She kept saying..."Mommy, I taste, I taste."  Of course being the great mom that I am, I let her have one of each.  She devoured them in a blink of an eye.  I will take it they were good then.  I didn't keep any for myself though.  I handed out the rest to my co-workers.  They all said they looked great.  So, I will see on Friday how they thought they tasted.

I do have a cake order for a birthday party in two weeks.  I get to make another transformer cake.  This time the "good guy" logo.  I will post pictures and tell you all about it next time.

Until next time.......Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment