Find Me on Facebook!

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Tried Two New Things

I made two new things that I had never tried before and I think they turned out pretty well.

The first thing I tried was a creme brulee.  I decided to make this because after making an angel food cake last weekend I knew I would have several egg yolks left.  I really didn't want them to go to waste, so the only thing I could come up with was creme brulee.  I always thought that this was a hard dessert to make, but I was quite surprise how easy it was. (I like to think it is just because my baking skills have gotten better)  The only thing I didn't have was a mini torch to caramelize the sugar in top, so I just used my broiler.  Both my husband both think it tasted great,


The second thing I tired was mini chocolate cheesecakes.  I was having a get together with my girlfriends.  We decided to do an appetizer themed pot luck.  So, after much thinking of finger food type desserts, I came up with mini chocolate cheesecakes.  I thought they would easier to handle the a whole cake.  

I had to use an Oreo cookie for the crust because I was unable to find wafer cookies or chocolate graham crackers.  I made them in individual tin foil cupcake sleeves.  They are topped with hot fudge syrup and a raspberry.  Everyone just loved them, even a friend who doesn't eat cheesecake liked them.  I will need to find out if some one's husband finished the left overs or not.

Well, I don't have anything in the works at the moment.  I am not sure what I am going to do.  I know something will come about soon.

Until next time...... Happy Baking!

1 comment: