Find Me on Facebook!

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bunny Cupcakes

I know Easter was over a month ago and that means I probably missed the prime time for this post, but it is ok, I don't mind.

This was actually the second time I made these cupcakes.  The first time for some reason I never wrote a post about them.  I don't know why?  I must have had a 'Mommy Moment'.  I am use to those.  I am starting to get use to them, but I digress.  So, here is my first time making them two Easters ago.


Very Cute!

I just made simple yellow cupcakes, nothing too fancy.  The icing is buttercream tinted pink.  The bunny itself is just a rounded teaspoon of white buttercream.  The ears are very simple.  There are just two slices of marshmallows.  Now, the website I got the idea from dipped the ears into pink sugar crystals, but I didn't want to do that.  The eyes are tiny cupcake hard sugar decorations and the whiskers are writing gel.

I thought I would pretty much do the same thing again.  Why do I always think things will be easy the second time around?  Will I ever learn?  Nope I guess not.  Here is Number Two...


As you can see not the same.    For whatever reason the icing DID NOT want to work with me to make the head of the bunny.  So, I had to improvise with what I had.... marshmallows.  Each bunny is made from two slices.  One full slice is for the head.  Then I cut one in half to make the ears.  I do have one tip here.... Your everyday kitchen shears will work great, but just have a damp paper towel handy to wipe the blades once in awhile.  They will get very sticky.

I have done some other things recently, so I have lots more to share.

Until next time..... Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment