Find Me on Facebook!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Apple Streusel Muffins - Part II

As some of you may remember I had made apple streusel muffins just a little while ago.  They had turned out overall very well, but I thought I needed to make some improvements.

The biggest thing that I felt needed adjusting was the filling.  I felt there needed to be much more and it needed to be more solid.  Here is what it looked liked the first time.....


Not bad, but could be better.

Now here it the improvement......


Better?  I like to think so.

What I did was use a brownie bite mold from Wilton.  The main purpose of the mold is to make 24 bite size brownies.  I instead froze the apple cinnamon filling in it.  I feel that the mold worked great.  My only fear was getting the filling out of the mold, but because it was silicone I was able to easily pop them out.  The one thing I must remember is to put the mold make in the freezer while a batch of muffins is baking.  Even though I kept the mold in the refrigerator the filling started to soften up a little too much. 

The extra filling I feel added to the taste of the muffin.  Also, with doing it this way I think the kinds of filling are endless.  The basic muffin mix can stay the same, just chance the filling and the topping.  (I think I may of just added another item I can sell.)

I did experiment with Strawberry Muffins, too.  But, that is whole another post.  

Until next time...... Happy Baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment