Find Me on Facebook!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

French Toast Casserole

Some of you may remember that I work in retail during my spare time.  So, the last 2 months have be rather crazy for me.  I was working 6 days a week.  I use to have off just about every weekend, but that became non-existent.  When I had off on the weekends I tried to make a nice breakfast one of the two days.  Ok, most of the time it was just pancakes and sausage because that was all my daughter would eat. Now that I have my weekends back, I want to get back into making breakfast and also baking something.

This weekend I decided to make a French Toast Casserole.  The picture had me sold from the beginning.  

What do you think?



I got the recipe from Betty Crocker.  If you would like to try it for yourself here is the link.... http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/french-toast-casserole/72f6a15c-4dd1-4682-ad2a-bb8bdea3f9f4 .  

Now, I am sorry I forgot to take a picture of my version.  I know I deserve a flogging for my mistaken, but I hope you all forgive this time.  I think mine looked very similar except for the nuts.  I am not big on nuts.  

Ok, I need to stop making it sound like it was prefect because it wasn't.  I know hard to believe, but it is true.  I also know I am my own worst critic.  I always will be.  Overall, it turn out good.  There just needs to be a few adjustments next around.  The first thing I need to do is let it come to room temperature before putting into the oven.  The next is how the bread is arranged in the pan.  The overlapping caused the covered parts not to be cook.  I am thinking the solution to this is to use a bigger pan and lay all the bread flat instead of overlapping them.  I know this will use less bread, so I know I will need to make an adjustment to how much batter is used.  I am thinking next time will be better.  I promise to let you know when I do this and take pictures too.

Until next time...... Happy Baking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment