Find Me on Facebook!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Happy Birthday! Ok it is a little late!

Today's post comes to you from Orlando, FL.  Yes, that is right Disney.

My daughter's birthday was about a month ago.  I was able to use a new toy that I had received for Christmas.  It is is a cake pan that is adjustable.  I am able to make every letter of the alphabet both upper and lower case as well as any number. I won't lie I had large dreams of making six cakes and spelling out my daughter's entire name, but of course life and reason finally set in before it was too late. I ended up making just one cake and two dozen cupcakes.  Both were strawberry margarita cake because they were PINK.  Pink was the theme for this cake,.  I was specifically asked for pink cake with pink icing and pink sprinkles.  This was the result of that request:
I think it works.  What do you think?

The cake was not as a specific of a request.  The only thing that was asked for was that is was a pink cake.  So, like the cupcakes I used strawberry margarita cake.  I used buttercream icing which I colored pink and purple.  The cake itself I did in the shape of a four.


Both were a big hit at the party.  Many thought the 4 idea was great.  I think it was too.  I can't wait to try that pan again.


Until next time....... Happy Baking!





No comments:

Post a Comment