Find Me on Facebook!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Snoopy Cake

All went well with the Snoopy Cake for the most part.  After two different cakes and two different icings, it was finally made.  Here is the finished product:


The cake was a vanilla white with buttercream icing.  

I know you must be wondering what happened.  Well, I like to think you are wondering what happened.  Even if you aren't I am going to tell you anyway.  I ended up making  two cakes and two different icings.

The first cake came together very well and baked with no problem.  So, I didn't think much of it.  Well, even the best bakers have goofs.  I turned the cake out of the pan to finish cooling on the rack.  Let's just say half the cake didn't want to leave its warm home of the pan.  The cake tasted great, it just wasn't in one piece.  So, my daughter's teachers got vanilla cake pops dipped in milk chocolate as an end of the year thank you gift.  Hey, I couldn't let a good cake go to waste. Back to the mixer I went.  The second cake was nice and came out its home.  So, I am thinking.... Phew, all good..... WRONG!

I thought I would make a whipped icing instead of my normal buttercream because I wanted Snoopy to be a brighter white.  Stupid me.... I need to learn to stay with I do best.  For whatever reason, the whipped icing did not want to set up right nor no matter how much sweet I added to it, it never tasted right.  Needless to say, I ended up making my buttercream icing instead.  

In the end all was good and Snoopy went to a good home.  He was loved by all.

As a small side note I did start writing this entry on May 30.  Sorry I got a little side tracked with another cake I was making and forgot to finish.  But, it is here now.  And very soon I will have two cakes to write about.

Until next time....... Happy Baking!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute cake. What size pan did you use? Did you use fondant or buttercream for the black accents? Thanks. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Sorry for the delay. I never saw that you made a comment. But, to answer your questions... I used a regular 9x13 rectangle pan. I found a picture of Snoopy that i just sized to fit the cake. I did cheat with the black accents. I tried to get the buttercream icing the right color, but couldn't. So, I ended up buying a tube of the already made black icing.

      Delete