Find Me on Facebook!

Monday, May 9, 2011

Updates

I have recently had a few things happen in my life that has kept we away from doing two of my favorite things..... baking and blogging.  I THINK my life has settled down a bit...well as much as it can being the mother of a three year old, a wife, and a part-time employee at major retailer.  I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but I did let it get the better of me for a bit.

I did have two things happen in my baking world since last time.  I made cupcakes for a teenagers birthday this past weekend and I have an order for a graduation cake in June.

The cupcakes were a big hit.  The only down side was there wasn't enough.  The mom didn't expect as many as she did, so 2 dozen cupcakes went really fast.  Here is the final result:
They were half and half..yellow and chocolate with buttercream icing.

The graduation cake will be a red velvet cake and will be shaped like the front page of a newspaper.  I am going to decorated it with a graduation cap and the school mascot.  I plan on making them out of chocolate, so they will be edible.  I will post pictures of the completed product.

I will also have my daughter's birthday cake to do at the end of the month.  This year I need to be a little more creative.  She picked Clubhouse Mickey as her theme.  There is only one Mickey Mouse shaped cake pan that I could find and as cute as it is I want more for her.  So, I will need to brainstorm and out sketch out a few things.  I am a little worried I won't come up with something, but I can just here my friends all saying...."You know will think of something and it will be great."  I just hope so.  I am open to suggestions.

Last thing is this.  I was thinking of doing a little more with the blog itself.  It of course will still be baking and my baking adventures, but I was thinking of expanding it and possibly talking other things too.  Such as tips and links to other things I find on the web.  What do you think?  Please be honest with me and tell me I am insane.  Don't worry I can handle it.... I think.

Well, until next time....... Happy Baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment